5 Things NOT to do When StagingStaging a home for sale is the most misunderstood process in home selling. Creating the rightatmosphere in the home, one which invites potential buyers to linger is much more than this.When creating the right scene, it’s just as important to know what NOT to when staging thehome.
1. Neglecting the Deep Clean – A clean and fresh home is the very first step. If the homesmells like last night’s dinner and there is cat hair in the corners, regardless of what elseyou do, it’s not going to sell.
2. Leaving the Clutter – Of course you’re still living in the home, but it shouldn’tnecessarily look like it.
3. Keeping Personal Photos In View – Again, the goals is to create a blank canvass onwhich the buyers can imagine their own belongings.
4. Bright Colors – You might enjoy the purple wall and orange carpet, but your buyers willfind them distracting. Neutral accents are always better.
5. Over Accessorizing – Too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Too many candles, throwpillows or furniture will just distract attention.Consider investing in a professional stager who can help make your home shine.
Author:Susan ODonoghue Phone: 856-473-4246 Dated: October 4th 2018 Views: 61 About Susan: Before turning to real estate in 2016, Susan was a teacher for 25 years. As teacher, she developed ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
With our unique team approach to Real Estate, you don’t just have one agent on your side, you have the support of 5 people who are motivated to get you the best results, whether you are selling or searching for a home.
Looking for a home in Haddonfield? Here are some gorgeous proper
"“After unsuccessfully listing my home with another Realtor, I reached out to Joe to see if he could be a good fit to help sell my charming Victorian. Joe was extremely well informed, professional and prepared upon our first meeting. Within a few days, he had our house professional photographed, styled and printed into a high-quality brochure, and listed on the MLS and various real estate and social networking sites. The responses were incredible. We had various walk-throughs within the first week, and were under contract within 31 days. During the process, Joe provided feedback promptly and was always considerate in accommodating our schedule. Since selling our home, I have recommended Joe to a few friends and colleagues, and will continue to do so. He is a great Realtor!”"